Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

As mentioned HERE (Pumpkin Muffins) and HERE (Banana Muffins) my husband LOVES homemade muffins!  I had three Golden Delicious apples that were probably too ripe to eat by themselves, but perfect for baking, and only one muffin left in the refrigerator!  Almost running out of muffins is VERY scary for the hubby!  I pretty much copied the recipe for Pumpkin Muffins but made a few tweaks to create these tasty Apple Cinnamon Muffins!


Chop 2-3 apples (about 2 cups) and cover with 1/2 c. sweetener of choice, I used Stevia, and 
 cinnamon to taste.  I LOVE cinnamon so used about 1 tbs. (maybe more)




Mix so apples are coated in cinnamon / sugar mixture, add remaining ingredients and mix well.



Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin and top with granola.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.


Ingredients

2-3 chopped apples
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 mashed bananas
1 1/3 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c sweetener 
1 tsp baking soda
1tbs cinnamon
OPTIONAL - Granola for muffin topping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!