Saturday, October 12, 2013

Perfect for Fall - Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins

Fall is in the air!! The mornings have been nice and chilly here, so I thought it was the perfect time to start baking some Fall food.  Homemade muffins are a MUST in our house!  My husband loves them for a late night snack, and I enjoy the convenience of a grab and go meal on busy mornings.



Ingredients

15 oz can Organic Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup egg whites (or 3 eggs)
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup quick oats
1/2 cup Splenda
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
nutmeg for taste

OPTIONAL - Granola topping for each muffin 

Makes 12 DELICIOUS muffins

Mix ingredients until moist and blended well.  Spoon evenly into a muffin tin.  I added a bit of Nature Valley Oats and Honey Protein Granola to the top of each muffin before baking.  I love the crunch it gave the muffins.

Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!