Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Playing Catch Up!

Where does the time go?  Has it really been over two months since I've posted?!?!  CRAZY!  I guess time really does fly when you 're having fun!

For those of you that check in regularly I'm so sorry for completely neglecting the blog :-(

Right after my last post, my Mom visited So Cal from Texas.  My hubby and I were lucky enough to have her (all to ourselves) for a full month before we all (puppies included) flew to Texas for Christmas. What a wonderful month it was...

Once we picked my Mom up from the airport we took her to Santa Monica to enjoy some food, drinks, company and the beautiful sunset.






  The great California weather allowed us to get in a few hikes with amazing views of LA!






We enjoyed outdoor fun in Santa Monica, Malibu and Venice


 






The three of us and our lovely pups drove down to San Diego to spend Thanksgiving with friends.  



 



 







On the few dreary days So Cal gave us we explored The Getty Center and Museum of Tolerance





We got in the Christmas spirit at The Grove!  






We joined the fun at the Santa Monica Pub Crawl!




Keith joined in the fun!

My Mom and I had so much fun!  She is truly amazing!  LA Weekly captured this candid shot of us!

Rodeo Drive and Sprinkles!



 We celebrated my Mom's Birthday with Sprinkles Cupcakes!





In between these wonderful memories that were captured on camera are tons of memories that weren't.  While I loved exploring So Cal with my Mom more than words can express, my favorite memories of her visit were the "small things" the things that seemed unworthy of a photo at the time:  struggling to make DIY t-shirts to wear to The Price is Right (remember what I wrote on your shirt Mom?!?!?), Target trips, walks at the park with the pups, cuddling up with you in the mornings, Menchies, decorating our tiny Christmas Tree and gingerbread house, drinking a few too many Mimosas, doing your makeup...this list could go on and on! 

Thank you Mom for leaving Texas behind for a month to come visit! We miss you more than you know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!