Sunday, June 16, 2013

Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Hopefully you've had a chance to try the recipe Turkey Burgers with a Kick, since I posted that recipe my hubby has requested the burgers a few more times, which has given me the opportunity to work on getting my baked sweet potato fries just right!  The key to getting perfectly crisp baked sweet potato fries is soaking them in water before baking. Who knew?

For the amount of sweet potato fries you see below I used one large sweet potato, I sliced the sweet potato quite thin so they would be nice and crispy.  Before baking, fill a large bowl with water and soak sweet potato fries in the water for about 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Remove the sweet potato fries from the water and place on a baking sheet.


I coated the sweet potato fries with Pam Olive Oil and seasoned with Tony Chachere Seasoning, great seasoning for just about everything.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes, after the 20 minute mark you need to keep a close eye on them, once they start to brown it is time to take them out.  If you want your fries extra crispy you can turn your oven to broil for the last minute or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!